Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Testing

Battery Status (check out how bad your battery is)

kvaruni

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 - 11:19 am    Post subject: Battery Status (check out how bad your battery is) Reply with quote

Battery Status is an easy widget you can use on your Dashboard to see how well your battery still is. The widget will read out how much capacity your battery can still store, and will tell you exactly how well it is doing compared to the day you bought it.

Since this is my first widget, I welcome all your suggestions and criticism and I encourage you to give me your opinion. For testing purposes, I would be very glad if all those who try out this widget take a screenshot of the front and the back of the widget in action (you know, apple - shift - 4 to make a screenshot of a part of your desktop) and send them to kvaruni aaaat gmail.com .

I am especially looking forward to having some reply from people who use an iMac, Mac Mini, or any other non-portable Mac since I have no idea whatsoever what the result of this will be.

Furthermore, if you would like to give a hand in translating this thing, be sure to mail me at kvaruni aaaaat gmail.com . Of course, simply replying to this message is also a possibility. Cool

For now, the widget can be found at this location.Enjoy!
Ludge

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 - 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea there, well displayed too.

I'd been planning to add this functionality to BatteryInfo, but I may as well leave it to your dedicated widget.

Good stuff!
kvaruni

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 - 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, well, I had the plan to rebuild BatteryInfo to become a second, smaller battery that indicated how well the battery was doing, but I lacked the designing skills to recreate your very cool battery logo and decided to leave it as it was. Smile

Thus, I created this more simple looking widget instead of a small version of BatteryInfo Smile Didn't really want to mess up such a great widget like yours! Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.