Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Gmail notifier

Chris

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 - 4:30 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

OK. Since there seems to be a problem with Tiger versions of Safari and the dashboard not liking performing getElementsByTagName on the received XML DOM document, it seems we have to try another way. Hopefully the issue will be sorted by Apple before the final release of Tiger.

Edit:
I've now got it to work in tiger. you can see a basic HTML page with it working at http://www.vanillasoap.com/two/personal/ohbe/gmail_notifier.html
It needs to be downloaded and run locally for it to work though. Click 'preferences', type in your username and password, then click 'done'. Wait a few seconds and it should tell you how many you have.

Obviously - this is not a finished version. Error checks need to be made, and some more thought needs to be put into it. But hey - it works
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
bandar raffah

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 - 4:30 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Yeah, you have the transparent in the same PSD file ...

under:

Big Window> Window> Bezel Window...

show it and hide the Metal Window layer...
Widgets
bandar raffah

Yeah, you have the transparent in the same PSD file ...

under:

Big Window> Window> Bezel Window...

show it and hide the Metal Window layer...
Widgets
Jonathan

could you please send the transparent to and I'l make a selector on the back.
Jonathan

The current design is based on divs and spans (pure xhtml)
No ican't get the total amount of emails or storage.
The gadget is based on gmails xml feed
try it yourself.

the back will hold a number of feutures:
how often to check for ne email
username and password (if you want to store them)
notifcation sound + times to repeat.
also i was thinking of making a gadget size selector (a mini version with only mail coun't).

In the feuture i will probably implement somekind of graphical notification even when dashboard is off.

The best thing would be if you gave me the hole psd
so i can adapt it to the script.
bandar raffah

Yes, Sure ....

few thought i am having ....

do you want to use HTML layers ( DIV ) in this Gadget? ...
i tried those ( DIV ) in dashboard ... and they work fine ... they seem perfect for this kind of gadget .... if yes, the file size will be smaller... and i will give you every element as a single PNG image ... with a simple layered HTML mockup ... that you must improve or remake..

or i can give you the PSD and you can do the cutting and layering your self...

tell me if you have a better idea....

another thing, can you do the animation trick ( like the calendar gadget ) when it grows downward... and shrinks upward... if yes ... it will look much nicer... and i will implement the expanded look in the mockup ... so it will toggle between the mini mode and the expanded mode ....

wait! there is one more thing!

can you also get the total number of emails in the account ( including the old ones ) ? and the space used and left... to show it in the gadget ?

it will be very useful ... and it should make it a complete gadget... and spauldingg and i should make space for it....

what will you put on the back? user & password ... and about .... only ? will it be pure HTML on the back side ?

spauldingg, thanks dude ...

i think the width is fine... and the logo size is good because you might have about 10-20 gadgets running at the same time...

so while you can easily find the calendar gadget by its screaming red color .. and the calculator by the dull orange color ... and the iTunes remote by the LCD green color .... you can find the google gadget by its clear big colorful logo... i think for most of us... the Dashboard view will be a mess ... with about 15-20 gadgets running .... then we will need a clear clue... color-wise... or shape-wise...

any more ideas?
Widgets
Jonathan

bandar raffah
could you please mail me thoose beutiful designs
cherdevall@gmail.com

spauldingg
I got you mailbut only one of the files could be opened. but i didn't have all the fonts used

I have photoshop cs (8.0*119)
Jonathan

I will make a "skin chooser" so that every idea will be in the project.
it would also be got to have a mini version skin with only one line of text: "Wou got 5 new email's"

The only thing that delays my releasse is that, i can't find my tiger dvd

I realy have to tidy my room.

Here's my email: cherdevall @ gmail. com
spauldingg

Deuling designers at the Dashboarder!

I like Bandars' middle one best, too. I need to be more subtle in my designs like his. Too much fun adding anything and everything in pshop.

The only things Bandar might want to change are: Does the logo need to be so big? Cause the real info, beside the Big Number is the window with the mail list, and should be more viewable, useable. Also, considering the up/down scroll arrows are the only user manipulated elements, they might need to be easier targets.

whadaya think?
Chris

Wow Bandar - those are amazing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
cripen

Bandar the middle one is fantastic, I hope he uses that! spauldingg, a very nice effort I must say, however I think outclassed by bandar though. Can't wait to see it in action.
bandar raffah

ok, Here we go again ...

and ... one to one

is it good enough ?
Widgets
bandar raffah

here is the way i see it:

First Run

No New Mail

there is new mail

you are viewing your new mail

the other side of the moon ( i left it blank )

every thing can change... anytime ....
Widgets
Chris

Wow. That is an excellent gadget. Well done to the both of you.
bandar raffah

Thanks Chris,

i feel that all of us here are still brain-storming ... Jonathan got to do what he think is right... i expect lots of modifications... and lots of ideas to come later... ( more like the Open-Source stuff )

i love the MiniPatience Gadget... you and Rick did a wonderful job...

( is the problem in this forum fixed ) i had a hard time posting a while ago...

Let the Dashboard Revolution Begin...
Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next