Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Newbie question: Random image display

dclampe

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 - 7:10 pm    Post subject: Newbie question: Random image display Reply with quote

I'm trying to alter one of the frameing widgets to resize to and display a random image from a website folder that is not mine, and I don't have access to. I've read and tried some techniques using JS where you basically list every file in the directory and it selects a random image based on those listed. Well, there are several hundred images and I don't know the names of all of them.

I saw another technique using php where it would select from files with a distinct suffix (*.gif, *.jpg, etc.) but I believe this would require putting a php file on the webserver for the html to access. Is there a way (or ever another widget I haven't found yet) that can do what I'm looking for? This may be impossible for all I know.
funkdaddy

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 - 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. How are you supposed to show files you can't access?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.