Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

New Mockup - DHL Tracker

Walker

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 - 2:36 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Nice designs. (although we are dealing with potential trademark violations here!).

DHL has a XML service:
http://www.dhl-usa.com/TechTools/detail/TTDetail.asp?nav=TechnologyToo ls/Tracking/TrackIT
This service doesn not seem to be available to the public.
Alternative is then the html page:
http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp?ShipmentNumber=123

UPS offers it as well
http://www.ec.ups.com/ecommerce/uolt_bridge.html

I have been working with XML feeds in Gadgets (Widgets?!) als well. Who shall do it?

p.s. Hope the links are working now. This forum software is driving me nuts. At least a preview function would be nice.
soundboy64

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 - 2:36 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

a priorty (US) mail widget would be nice too, for US users of course, the DHL and UPS ones look awesome!

sB
Walker

Reading and understanding the UPS terms and conditions will take me a week.
Chris

Heh. Good find man!

Is it a race to see who can implement them now?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
bandar

Thank you guys...

now, whoever want to do it... if it is possible:

mail me at bandar@sadeem.net

if you want me to change the logo and colors ( to match tnt for example ) ... let me know... it takes 15 min to finish...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Chris

I've never used DHL or UPS before, so I wouldn't know where to begin. If there was an XML feed that they provide, then that would make life much easier - but it can still be done by scraping the html. just means that if they change anything, the widget'll be worthless...

Edit: chanegd gadget to widget. This is gonna take a while to get used to
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
bandar

it seems to me ( not sure ) that some of those services can not be tracked from another page ( another sites or even gadgets )

Chris did mention this somehow... and we are having a hard time finding nemo ( i mean a workaround )...

was someone able to do this in Konfabulator ?

if not, maybe it was a bad idea from my part....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Rick T

Awesome looking designs bandar, and something I would find ultra useful!

If this were to go ahead, I would like to throw in a request for Australian Air Express and Star Track Express! (Star Track Express ship products for apple over here, and Australian Air Express do the majority of everything else)

www.aae.com.au
www.startrackexpress.com.au

Maybe the could be bundled together as a 'Tracker Package' or something...

edit: seems like we have gone from having too many developers and not enough artists around here, to the exact opposite! I suspect there will be an abundance of both when Tiger is released.
bandar

thank you wrx_13...

a mockup for UPS

and

i was told.. ( not very sure ) that the DHL site does not give external feed for the tracker... you can only track on their site... so it is hard to make for DHL ... but UPS should be an easy one... because they do...

any one.. ?
wrx_13

Sweet looking design!
bandar

and after you enter the number .. and press enter:

is it a good idea?

is it possible to make?
jackinloadup

athough im reading thind and thingking of how hard it would be to put these all in one, i also think of how usefull that would be. you would only need one widget for all these trakers. You know to start off u could just put out a vertion of the final thing that has like one or two trackers, then just put out new versions with new trackers.

just a thought
~Luke
Jeremy
Administrator

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 - 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandar: Did you end up finding a developer for this widget?
Detlev

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 - 8:20 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

We had an account to use the XML feed from UPS but could not share the key. Has anyone found a way to create a widget that everyone can use, legally? Otherwise, I would think that everyone would have to enter their account information into the widget before using it.

I would second a widget for USPS deliveries. Even better would be a widget to get extended zip codes for addresses.

Also address look-ups for Royal Mail and Canada Post.
collin

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 - 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of those widgets look fantastic, especially the DHL one Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.