Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

iPodTalk Gadget... a cool little idea.. and design

bandar

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 - 12:40 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

here... yes, iPodTalk ... ( or find a better name )

The default view:

you pick any text file or text clipping from the finder and you drop it on this gadget...

the drop view:

then it creates an .AIFF file ( using the Speech technology ) with that text spoken... you can put it in your iPod to hear it whenever you want...

here is the terminal command:

just type: say -f somefile.txt -o spokenfile.aiff

where somefile.txt is the name of the text file and spokenfile.aiff is the name of your output file.

Panther ( or Tiger ) will quickly creat an AIFF file, you might also want to use the -v flag to set which voice to use, you can specify any of the voices from the Speech preference pane ( -v Junior, for instance ).

any one? ... coders.... developers... should i say, Dashboarders....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Chris

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 - 12:40 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Yup. That's an easy one

If no-one else wants to make this, I'll do it for you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
The Inn Keeper

Funky. I like. Suggestion: Have the sound files automatically added to a playlist called 'iPodTalk' in iTunes, so they can be thrown on the iPod easily.
bandar

yeah, very cool idea... sure... i think it is very easy to do...

and i think it will save a lot of time.....

thanks....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
cripen

Quoting: The Inn Keeper

Funky. I like. Suggestion: Have the sound files automatically added to a playlist called 'iPodTalk' in iTunes, so they can be thrown on the iPod easily.

XFactor does this when it finishes downloading a music file, it places it in an iTunes playlist called XFactor, and deletes the original file, and starts to play it. So it must be possible.
Jeremy
Administrator

This would be a very nice lil' widget. It'd be nice if Apple would update the voices for the first time in 10 years though!
Cap'n Hector

Quoting: Jeremy

[function]

You mean, like the Vicki voice in Panther?

Panther was 10 years ago? My, how time flies!
Widgets
Cap'n Hector

I meant to quote Jeremy saying "This would be a very nice lil' widget. It'd be nice if Apple would update the voices for the first time in 10 years though!". Not sure what went wrong there.
Widgets
spauldingg

Wow, haven't been here in a while. I love this widget, anyone had time to build it?
jackinloadup

well maybe when imported to itunes it should be turned into an mp3 to save space? good idea though
JackoMac

Quoting: spauldingg

Wow, haven't been here in a while. I love this widget, anyone had time to build it?

anyone?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.