Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

Widget of the Month

andrethegiant

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 - 11:30 pm    Post subject: Widget of the Month Reply with quote

or it could be widget of the week. It would highlight a really cool widget chosen by the admins here at DBW, maybe like put it on the front page or something as like a news article, give its feeatures and cool things about it. i dunno, just an idea.
Da_Vinci

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 - 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Widget of the Month Reply with quote

andrethegiant wrote:
or it could be widget of the week. It would highlight a really cool widget chosen by the admins here at DBW, maybe like put it on the front page or something as like a news article, give its feeatures and cool things about it. i dunno, just an idea.

I second your idea!
purvisa

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 - 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that a WotW is good. A month is too long a time frame, after all, though perhaps users could respond to a poll about which Widget of the Week (for weeks beginning in the most recently passed month) was their fave.

One thing, make sure each widgets gets one shot. Releasing an update should not renew the widget's entry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
IanTheMacFan
No longer registered

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 - 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purvisa wrote:
One thing, make sure each widgets gets one shot. Releasing an update should not renew the widget's entry.

No. What if a widget's update is totally different from the previous one? Smile
purvisa

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 - 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a widget update is totally different from the other one, then it is not an update, it's a new widget. However, if someone tweaks one interface element and releases a 1.1 version with the same name, it's not really new.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
falcoboy7

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 - 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be up to the Admins to pick the widget (plural?) of the week. That way users don't get confused about new releases.