Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

Update Script isn't working (server side)

fphilipe

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 - 12:31 pm    Post subject: Update Script isn't working (server side) Reply with quote

My widget SimpleG is telling me that an update is available which isn't true. I checked the update script which is available on this site and it loads the following url: http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/widgetbackend/version.php?wid=1081
Calling up this url shows a message instead of the version number. The script compares the response text with the widgets version. If they aren't equal it displays the available update message on the widget. Could you please fix this?

PS: When downloading SimpleG it shows up as SimpleG-1 in Dashboard. Is it possible to fix this too?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN MessengerWidgets
pm
Administrator

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 - 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be fixed, thanks for letting us know about the problem.
IanTheMacFan
No longer registered

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 - 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Update Script isn't working (server side) Reply with quote

fphilipe wrote:
PS: When downloading SimpleG it shows up as SimpleG-1 in Dashboard. Is it possible to fix this too?

Did yu download it twice? Or did you have it already in your widget folder so you could test it when you were developing it?