Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Widget Input Problems

Kothoga

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 - 9:23 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

JStock
Go button and Stock ticker work great.
System information has no background and does not show up well against the dark expose backround or a dark desktop picture.
INET Home and Help open up webpages locked into the JStock window size. Is it possible to redirect to a non dashboard app like Safari.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Kothoga

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 - 9:23 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Yeah, Yeah, I know that I posted the majority in the beginning. But that was because I was posting comments

Like the new stopwatch widget Harald.

Where do we get update Widget Documentation. Everything I could find is stil dealing with Gadgets?? I looked on the tiger image and I can't find a widget SDK or documentation.

Is there an option click for the EXCELLENT Go widget. I figured out how to play Go, I just wondering if it has the ability to change configurations?

Thanks
Kothoga
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
JackoMac

heheh first 8 posts are from the OP at the moment, the way widgets work changes a bit each new release of tiger. makes sense since its not finished and all, so thats probably why some widgets work better than others.

when tiger is released to the public, all new widgets should keep working well all the time. till then, only newer ones will work good with newer builds of tiger. old gadgets with new builds don't work properly, and new widgets with old builds don't work right either.
Chris

It's a 0.2 release.....
Don't worry about things not working - it's not even going to look anything like what it does now when the next version comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Kothoga

minesweeper(0.2)
It doesn't show up in the dashboard menu.
It does pop up if you double click it.
Option-Click Places Flags.
Clicking removes Blocks.
Play and Setting's buttons work.
P pauses the game.
In the Settings, you can select Easy, Medium and Hard all together.
In Settings, the Done Button Doesn't Work.
How do I finish the game for a Highscore when I've selected all the flags.
Kothoga

Dunno about the Option-Click just a random thought at the time. Anyone else have an idea for an Option click for the TimeIt Widget???

Kothoga
Chris

Quoting: Kothoga

I cannot click and drag the cards. It only drags the window around.

Open up the HTML document in a text editor and replace all occurrences gadget with widget, and change if(widget) to if (window.widget) and I believe it should now work...

The reason that it's not dragging the cards is because the controlRects aren't being applied...
I'll get round to updating all my widgets soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Walker

Quoting: Kothoga

TimeIt Timer Widget:
I can Start, Stop and reset this widget.
Numbers Display Properly.
Not sure if there is an option-click

I didn't have time yet to update my Widgets (formerly know as Gadgets).
What you you like do with an option-click?
Julius

Hi Kothoga!

Concerning JStock I may say that the buttons INET Home, system stats and help are actually not intended to be used... as I did not write the Applet by myself I cannot remove these buttons... they are part of the Applet itself.

Bye, Julius
Kothoga

World Clock
Doesn't Do Daylight Savings time.
Wish you could Cocoa it to pull the info from your computer eh
Had to go Manually input Houston (4th largest US city and they just use Dallas or Austin)
Kothoga

JEarthCam
Choose Camera menu works.
Cam Menu button works.
No Display Problems.
Kothoga

TimeIt Timer Widget:
I can Start, Stop and reset this widget.
Numbers Display Properly.
Not sure if there is an option-click
Working Great.
Kothoga

minipatience (0.9)
It still uses the gadget extension - easy fix
I can use all the buttons for instructions, new game and dealing.
I cannot click and drag the cards. It only drags the window around.
Everything else seems to work.
Kothoga

I've been trying to get Different Dashboard Widgets installed and working properly on my computer. The problem that I am running into with most of them is that on many of them (Google Mail checker and HiraKata for instance), I have problems with input. On Hirakata Widget I can click on the button to display the Flash card but nothing happens. The Google Mail will flip and I can put in my username and password, but NO Text actually shows. I can see the cursor advance but don't see any text. Same goes for the Translate widget. On some widgets where you are supposed to option click to flipit (Goodbye World), option clicking gets no response. Am I doing something wrong here. Every one else seems to be working. I want it to work and it's ticking me off. I am using 10.4 8A284.

Thanks Guys
Kothoga
Kothoga

I think I'll address my problems with Widgtets. Hence I'll start a Bug Report post here. I'll just go through each widget and post issues that I have been having. Please add your problems or fixes that you have experienced.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2  Next