Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Apple Dashboard Widget Contest

Walker

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 - 11:40 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Quoting: Frank Kovats

I want a calculator that resembles an iPod and does more than just add or subtract.

What's wrong with the existing Calculator widget from Apple?
Frank Kovats

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 - 11:40 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I want a calculator that resembles an iPod and does more than just add or subtract.
Widgets
jaime

Yes, It is not difficult to deal with, but It would be better to have the documentation on time, don┬ąt you think Chris? Al least, if your are paying money to be an ADC member, and of course I am glad you will have all your widgets ready soon, good for you! Keep doing good stuff!
Chris

I'm glad they moved the handling of control regions out of javascript and into CSS - makes life a lot easier, and makes more sense. Good job Apple

I've just been picking apart their widgets to see the changes, which isn't ideal, but it's not too difficult. I'm finding a lot of bugs though :/

Should have all me widgets updated quite soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Walker

Quoting: jaime

It is quite odd not to have a proper documentation wit all the new changes.

And with a contest going on until the end of November. Strange that they refer to a Widget SDK and documentation which does not exist. Maybe it is on the new Tiger DVD but that one isn't there either.
jaime

I agree with all you guys. It is quite odd not to have a proper documentation wit all the new changes. At least, thanks Heaven! , we have their widgets.
Walker

Quoting: Mancuso

Could someone possibly reply to me offlist to tell me where the SDK and docs are?

Apple updated its own widgets (obviously), so they are a good starting point. They have done quiet a bit of rewriting.
dev_nut

Dave. You're not being stupid. No one I know can find the new documentation anywhere, myself included.
Mancuso

OK, I'm being stupid. I've downloaded the new build of Tiger (I'm an ADC member), but I can't seem to find the Widget SDK or new docs anywhere. What am I missing? Could someone possibly reply to me offlist to tell me where the SDK and docs are? I've only found the old docs where Widgets are still called Gadgets, but that was a different download.

Thanks for any help!
--Dave
dave@mammothconcepts.com
Walker

Quoting: Chris OBrien

Hopefully we'll see some docs which give us the info we need.

I just converted my stopwatch gadget to a widget. My biggest problem has been the rendering of the layers. The seem to be some changes in the DOM and CSS implementation. I haven't been able to solve all problems. Some strange things are happening with event handlers, when widgets are overlapping.
Z

Not that I wouldn't mind a 40gb iPod, but the price seems a little 'cheap' if you ask me. Perhaps a 40gb iPod Photo would have been better?

Bah, maybe I'm just greedy
Widgets
Chris

Quoting: Walker

Has anyone seen an updated Widget SDK and documentation?

No. Which makes this incredibly annoying. Hopefully we'll see some docs which give us the info we need
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
dev_nut

Quoting: Walker

November 30, 2004

Yes, this is what I meant
Chris

This was something I was really looking forward too - but it hasn't seemed to have happened yet

I don't know what to submit: but i also don't know what the correct way to write widgets is - makes it a wee bit difficult for us all :/
Walker

November 30, 2004

Yes, one could think so.
Has anyone seen an updated Widget SDK and documentation?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2  Next