Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Testing

PageOpener

fphilipe

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 - 10:18 am    Post subject: PageOpener Reply with quote

I am creating a widget called PageOpener.

What it does:
You enter or drag'n'drop a url, select the browsers in which you want to open them and click GO and they open.
The first time you run it, there is only Safari, because Safari is installed on every Mac OS X 10.4. On the back you can add as many browsers you like by drag'n'dropping them. You can rearange the position or remove a browser.
These browsers are saved, so everytime you open PageOpener the list will be the same and even the selection on the front will be still there.

Screenshots:

Front:

Back:

Testing:
It would be great if you could test it and post a comment what could be better etc.
There is one thing not working at the moment: the Help button on the back does nothing. I am going to write a Help file which could then be called up by that button.

Widget Download

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN MessengerWidgets
Eduard

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 - 12:46 pm    Post subject: PageOpener Reply with quote

I have one silly question:

How the hell do I come 'on the back' of PageOpener????
andrethegiant

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 - 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handy! a few things: when i type a url without http:// or www., it says the page cannot open because it does not start with a valid character. but that only happens with safari. and also i tried to drag bbedit (so i can see the source of the page), but the icon for that was too big. thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.