Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

"Email Feedback to Developer" ... or something

daylate

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 - 3:27 am    Post subject: "Email Feedback to Developer" ... or something Reply with quote

Hello ...

I monitor the DBW Comments RSS feed, but I can easily miss an occasional entry related to one of my widgets. This is unfortunate, since many users appear to report bugs and request features through the comments, instead of contacting the developer directly. (Would they expect Steve Jobs to read iPod cheers or jeers scrawled on Post-It notes stuck on the display shelves at Circuit City? Okay ... bad example, what with The Steve being supernatural and all ... but you get my point.)

There may be a means of facilitating a more direct connection, such as by adding a "Email Feedback to Developer" mailto link on a widget's description page. In any case, I'd appreciate at least a boilerplate notice to users that they shouldn't necessarily expect the developer to read their posted comments, and that they should attempt to send bug reports and feature requests directly to the developer (preferably more directly than with a Private Message, which is not nearly as convenient as email).

Thoughts?