Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Support

Update not showing up

ceaser

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 - 6:23 am    Post subject: Update not showing up Reply with quote

Twice now I have tried to update my widget (Bush Time) and it has not shown up. No error was given. I know something was up right away becose when I normaly update the widget is not accessible until the new version is out. Is something wrong with the site?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ NumberWidgets
gnome
Administrator

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 - 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploads are always checked for security first. The upload page as a big yellow box saying:

Quote:
For security reasons, your widget and submission will be reviewed by a moderator before it will be uploaded. Please allow, at most, 8 hours for approval. Thank you!

Thanks for your patience while we're testing to keep DBW safe. And the 8 hours is almost always an estimate when ALL of our admins are on vacation -- usually the wait will be much less.
ceaser

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 - 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my widget has been updated, but only after the 3rd time I posted. Something must have gone wrong the first two times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ NumberWidgets
purvisa

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 - 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Thanksgiving holiday to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
ceaser

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 - 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let me ask this then. Is it not normal for your widget to be hidden between the time you submit a newer version and when it is aproved? If that's the case, then there was a problem with the first two times I tried to post.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 - 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that the widget was not removed from the site after you submitted it the first two times?
ceaser

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 - 8:40 am    Post subject: yes. Reply with quote

Normaly when I submit an update, the widget which has just been updated is removed untill the new version is approved. I did not get this behavior the first two times I tried.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 - 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a period of time last week where some uploads (usually images) to iCompositions were not being processed and I think that's what was happening here. The problem seems to have corrected itself.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.