Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Testing

Resizing breaks after a link is clicked...

jrtraynham

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 - 3:34 pm    Post subject: Resizing breaks after a link is clicked... Reply with quote

I have recently started building dashboard widgets and have come across a problem I just can't seem to solve. I have researched all the websites and lists that I can think of, and seem to either be alone in the issue, or no one else wants to talk about it.

I am building a web browser widget. I know what you are thinking. "Your a duffus, no one wants a web browser widget". That's probably true, however, I actually do need one, and I'm building it for myself. I have several administrative web pages that I use that would be perfect for a widget. That is, I need to do something on one of these pages, then put it away for later until I need it again. There's really no point in having a normal web browser window open for these pages, and having it at my finger tips to switch to quickly is absolutely idea. That's enough of that.

So here is the problem. Not all of the web pages are the same size. To force a bigger page into a small window would obviously not be ideal. So I built in a resize graphic to resize the window, which works great......until I click a link that is outside of the iframe. Yes, I'm using an iFrame. There's really not another way to do it because I need to allow the web page I'm at to use any CSS or JS files required for the page.

You can download a copy of the dashboard in its current state below. The web pages I need to use are private, so I've used public ones for this version of the widget. As such, they are much bigger pages that what I envision for the final widget.

So to recap the issue. When you load the widget, you can resize the window all day long to whatever size you want - though I do have a minimum width/height set. Once you click on a link in the title area, the resize box no longer works, but still appears to be activating. At this point, you can hit cmd-r to reload the widget and you can resize it again. It does not make much sense.

Anyone out there got any ideas on what might be going on?

Download "Dragon Browser" at http://jesse.cnsplug-ins.com/download.htm?what=DragonBrowser.wdgt.zip

[Admin Edit: Links to widget downloads is only allowed in the Widget Testing forum. This thread has been moved there.]
jrtraynham

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 - 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with this post being moved, just keep in mind that it is by no means a finsished widget. I've not done any GUI work on it yet other than the resize issue that I'm asking about. The only reason I even posted the link was to make it easy for others to see the issue.

So far though, there don't seem to be any takers....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.