Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

widget right issues

kkrikor

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 - 6:56 pm    Post subject: widget right issues Reply with quote

Hello guys ,

I created a widget which basically displays tv schedules pulled from a tv station's website . WEll i also use their logo on the design.

So what are the right issues with respect to being able to post this widget on the MAC website

I see a lot of widgets Amazon , Wikipedia .... created by people who have their names on them and also have the logos and such. Did they have to get permissions although it doesn't say anywhere

Thank you
seb2

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 - 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from legal questions, I believe you're always better off asking for permission. In the end, if they don't like your widget showing their data, it would be more than easy for them to just change something minor that, however, suffices to break your widget's functionality.

When it comes to using logos, etc. you definitely have to ask.

When we published our German TV listings widget, we also decided to ask them before publishing the widget and it turned out to be very wise because we'd almost have gotten in trouble with one feature. After having talked to them, both sides are now happy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.