Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Bug report : translate(0.6)

bartocc

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 - 6:58 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

i've tried to translate "school" to French on the babelfish web page, both with ISO Latin 1 character encoding and UTF8 in safari 1.2. I get the good translation : îÈcoleî

with the widget, the "È" doesn't appear.
Chris

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 - 6:58 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Accents etc are shown properly in Safari 2 and the Dashboard (and presumably Safari 1.3, although I haven't tested it). Safari 1.2 doesn't handle them for some reason, so it's a bug in that rather than in Translate itself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
bartocc

them the bug is not a bug !
good
Jeff

One more comment is apostrophes don't work, ie 'It's.'
Widgets
Chris

Quoting: Jeff

One more comment is apostrophes don't work, ie 'It's.'

Ah. I never noticed that.
Anyway - I just took the easy way out for a quick fix. I'll send it in soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Call Me Bubbles

It would be good that once you finish a sentence, it resubmits the whole sentence for translation so the grammar would be correct.

Word for word is great, and this would be cool once you type a period to end the sentence
Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.