Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Help please I cant get it to update

Awolfaggressor

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 - 12:01 pm    Post subject: Help please I cant get it to update Reply with quote

Hey
I have a widget that is suppose to update its information from a txt file on my server. I have tested the method used to go get the info and it works fine. When put into the widget it works fine. However it is only suppose to update every time the widget is onshow. It doesn't it seems to just update when it wants to. Yesterday when testing it I got it to update 2 or three times then it just stopped updating. Then about 1:00 am it updated again and has refused to do it again now for about 10 hours. I know my request works properly my only guess is that it has something to do with the code segment

Code:
if(window.widget){
      widget.onshow = myShowHandler1;

}

myShowHandler1 calls the method to request the info

Please someone help if they can cause this is killing me. For everything I know it should logically work. And i have searched all the forums and nothing suggested works.
Thanks for reading

update: I found out I can get it to work in safari but it wont work in the dashboard enviornment.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.