Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

The Apple E-Mail About Universal Binary

meowza

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 - 1:59 pm    Post subject: The Apple E-Mail About Universal Binary Reply with quote

I'm guessing that quite a lot of us got one of these today. I got three. Now forgive me for being daft but none of the widgets I've made involve any sort of plug-in unless it is regarding opening Safari.

"Your widget has been found to reference either a Widget Plug-in or an Internet Plug-in so action must be taken to ensure that your Widget runs natively on these new models."

What does this mean? Do I actually have to do something different? Or is this just an e-mail they are sending out to everyone regardless of what the widget does.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
lando

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 - 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which widget(s) are yours? Do you use <embed> anywhere, or specify the AllowInternetPlugins tag in your Info.plist?
meowza

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 - 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used AllowInternetPlugins for RSS feeds and accessing information via the internet.
My question would be what it is that I am supposed to do with them to make them compliant.
No doubt Apple has more info on this somewhere, but I though someone here might have some experience with this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
lando

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 - 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're just using XMLHttpRequest in JavaScript then you want the AllowNetworkAccess key, not AllowInternetPlugins. AllowInternetPlugins is for using the <embed> tag to play quicktime movies and such.

Apple probably saw that key in your plist and assumed you were using a plug-in, and sent you the email to make sure said plug-in was universal.
meowza

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 - 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh...thanks very much.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.