Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Resizing a Widget?

Casual

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 5:17 pm    Post subject: Resizing a Widget? Reply with quote

I went to the Tiger Talk in LA and attended the dashboard meeting. Real intresting stuff, but I did have one questoin that was not really answered fully. I asked if a user could resize a widget. The instructor just said that "This is not the final version of dashboard, we have not completed all the functions."

I find it silly that a person who has to run a 800x600 display can only use 3 or 4 widgets with out filling up their screen. (i'm estimating of course.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
zach

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I imagine the developer could build a widget that resizes. The design would have to coded so it would be fluid horizontally and vertically, and some javascript would be used to resize the window. Probably a better approach to this would be two different versions of widgets, one smaller and one larger, with a preference swapping between them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
schwatoo

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the worst comes to worst you can write an Objective-C widget plugin bundle that exposes to the wndow resize functionality to JavaScript...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.