Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

The work of a widget?

ejdbroker

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 - 11:15 am    Post subject: The work of a widget? Reply with quote

Hello all...Ive been scouring the net looking for what I think might be a widget but im not sure. Figured this would be a good place to find out for sure.

The weblogs of my site are going nuts with thousands of hits and hundreds of megs of bandwidth from random cable/dsl customers from all over. They arnt visiting though. They are just grabbing one picture, over and over. Each IP in the logs retreives the photo on a strict schedule, 6:30 for example, or 4:15 is another. Each instance is alos a PPC Mac OS X using KHTML.

Now the strangest part is that they are calling a static jpg, when im pretty sure they mean to call one our webcam jpg's...their mistake...but here is the call:

/live/img/harborfront.jpg?t=1139242383455 (number depends on the client)

The ?t=number portion is not necessary...the image can be called without it, so I figure it must be the widget calling it that way?

Any ideas?

to review: mac osX using KHTML calling a static image on a regular interval....is it a widget? if so, which?
purvisa

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 - 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a widget, but it is more likely to be AppleScript or Automator.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.