Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Testing

HELP! RSS widget can't connect to the right blog entry

Thomasdetlefsen

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 - 4:37 am    Post subject: HELP! RSS widget can't connect to the right blog entry Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

I have been making an RSS widget for the band Barenaked Ladies blog. I have used the widget program Wcode from widgetfactor.com. But I have problems getting the widget to connect to the right blog entry, when I click on a headline in the widget. As I have NO experience with javascript or anything, I don't really know where the problem lies. All I can tell you is that, when I have clicked a headline, then the url that Safari connects to looks like this:

http://www.bnlblog.com/entry.asp?dDate=2/8/2006%09

You can find the widget here if you would like to take at look at it:
http://www.d-magic.dk/media/bnlblog.wdgt.zip

I think that the %09 is the problem, beacuase if I erase that, then it goes straight to the correct entry.

So if anyone can help me identify what %09 stands for, I would really appreciate it!!

Sincerely yours
Thomas Detlefsen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
purvisa

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 - 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the tab in your code. The %09 is an ASCII value for a tab character, the way %20 is a space (if you create an HTML file with a space in the name and open it in your browser, you will see the %20 where the space would normally be).

Basically, you have one extra character somewhere in it all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
Thomasdetlefsen

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 - 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I figured it was something like that. Now I can't find that tab you were talking about, where exactly should it be? in the html code or the javascript?

Thanks for the help! Smile

Thomas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.