Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Looking For A Widget: A Character Counter

JesseJames

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 - 9:57 am    Post subject: Looking For A Widget: A Character Counter Reply with quote

I've looked in the Apple Dashboard Widgets Calculate & Convert category but haven't been able to find a Character Counter Widget.

When I need to know how many characters there are in something I'm writing, I go to my web browsers bookmark of a free Online Text Formatter and Character Counter.

I would much rather press F12 and have a Character Counter Widget available to use instantly.

Do you know if any are available? Smile

- Jesse -
9/11 Was An Inside Job. WTC Buildings 1, 2 & 7 Weren't Destroyed Simply From Airplane Impacts & Fire, But From Pre-Positioned Explosives In Controlled Demolitions. Click The Following Link And Learn: http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html
purvisa

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 - 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a new one on me, but it would be easy enough to write. All you would need to do is have something load the inner text into a variable and run a count over it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
JesseJames

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 - 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea how to do that.

Do you?

Can you?

- Jesse -
9/11 Was An Inside Job. WTC Buildings 1, 2 & 7 Weren't Destroyed Simply From Airplane Impacts & Fire, But From Pre-Positioned Explosives In Controlled Demolitions. Click The Following Link And Learn: http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html
JesseJames

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 - 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashboard Widgets member 'meowza' has found a Character Counter Widget at Apple's Widget site in the Calculate & Convert category Smile

Somehow I missed it when I searched that category initially before posting the two threads [inquiry & request] here at DW Confused I must of been tired and selectively looking through the list for the exact title 'Character Counter'.

For anyone else who would like it (it works great and also looks decent) you can download it here.

- Jesse -
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.