Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Plugin issues

bartocc

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 - 4:07 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

i'm writting a plugin for my widget.
i found good information un the WWDC DVD and in the Tiger documentation files...

i've created the cocoa bundle, implemented the differents methods and tried in the javascript file

if (myPlugin)
document.getElementById('debugField').innerHTML = 'plugin found'
else if
document.getElementById('debugField').innerHTML = 'plugin no found'

until there everything is OK, i see the 'plugin found'

in my plugin implementation I have this :

- (NSString *)test {
return @"test";
}

in the javascript code, if i do
document.getElementById('debugField').innerHTML = myPlugin.test

i see 'undefined' and i don't understand why !

any idea what i did wrong ?
Chris

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 - 4:07 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

What's your email address? Not sure what we're allowed to discuss on a public forum...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
bartocc

bartocc@mac.com
Nexum

Hi,

I have this exact same problem with my widgets, in fact I have posted just above this message a very very similar problem - would you guys mind including me on any correspondence?

peterlaurens -AT- mac.com

Thanks.
Abhi Beckert

I haven't tested, but I'm guessing it needs to be myPlugin.test(); instead of myPlugin.test;.

Am I right?
lynnhook

Has anyone had a chance to see if the marshalling of objects/variables between javascript and objective-c is working correctly yet in the newest build? I am pulling my hair out trying to get plugins to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.