Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

openURL not functionin in 10.4.5

Chealion

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 - 2:48 am    Post subject: openURL not functionin in 10.4.5 Reply with quote

Hi,

I can't find anything through Google and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction if not the answer.

I've got a widget that has 4 links (using <a> tags FWIW) that use onMouseUp to call a function that calls the appropriate widget.openURL command. It worked in 10.4.4, and having gone back to clean up some bugs I've noticed it stopped working in 10.4.5

Example code:
Code:
<a onMouseUp="openLink(0);" id="Link1">Fancy Text here</a>
<a onMouseUp="openLink(1);" id="Link2">Fancy Text here</a>

----

function openLink( i ) {
    widget.openURL(urls[i]);
}

Has something changed in 10.4.5 or even in 10.4.4 (I may have missed it - I don't use the widget often) that affects the calling of widget.openURL or using a mousedown event?

I've used an alert to determine if the mousedown is called, and it is called with a proper URL, but the openURL function isn't actually going through. That is, Dashboard will exit but Safari won't open a new page.

Thanks in advance.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.