Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

These Hockey Jersey Calendar Widgets

meowza

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 - 7:34 am    Post subject: These Hockey Jersey Calendar Widgets Reply with quote

Well, I have got some feedback in regards to making one widget out of these things that allows you to choose the team on the back. I innitially thought of doing that but thought the size would be a hindrance, and it still may be, but perhaps in the future it can be solved.

For the moment I'm going to concentrate on actually creating all the different teams and putting them out as seperate widgets. I will not be putting them up here on DBW.com because it will no doubt cause a fuss with one or two appearing every other day. For the moment if anyone is looking for a particular team, or would like to see a particular team here is an RSS feed showing what's available that will be updated as the new ones come out:
Hockey Widget RSS Feed

If anyone is interested in helping out on the task of making an "all-in-one" NHL Calendar Widget please let me know.
Meowza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
islayermarc

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 - 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many teams do you have?

I'd definitely say combine them all as one widget. It'll make it easier for everyone, even if the file is a bit bigger.

Just make sure you're compressing the PNGs by using "Export for web…" in PhotoShop.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 - 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually this is going to encompass the league, it will also involve teams that no longer exist, and in some cases jerseys that are no longer used.

I've made 10 so far. But we are talking around 50+ in the end, although that could be seperated into a couple of different widgets.

I'm compressing the PNG's and then using PNG Crusher to compress them even more. In total they are coming in as .zip files between 80kb and 250kb depending on how complex the numbers are. So, this is going to be a big widget no matter how you look at it. Even if each one weighs in at 50kb you have to multiply that by about 30.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.