Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Widget not re-drawing

Abhi Beckert

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 - 7:29 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with getting changes I make in javascript to update strait away. My widget uses statusText.innerHTML = "loading..."; to say that it's started loading something, and somewhere else in the widget updatebtn.src = 'Images/updatebtn-pressed.png'; within an onmousedown event.

The second case (change img src), works fine in Safari, but in Dashboard it doesn't display the new image until it's finished the executing script that gets fired after you lift the mouse up. I'm having the same problem with changing the statusText, but in both Dashboard and Safari. Basically the changes are happening, but they don't get drawn to the screen until the widget is idle.

It's really annoying, is there any workaround, or do we need to wait for Apple to fix it?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.