Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

LDAP widget

harley1387

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 - 3:19 am    Post subject: LDAP widget Reply with quote

Can't find this anywhere? Odd that it's been overlooked...or companies simply aren't sharing Smile
bbellina

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 - 11:01 pm    Post subject: LDAP search widget Reply with quote

I wrote a widget for front-ending an LDAP search over a year ago. I've decided to release it although it doesn't do everything I would like, since no one else has written a generic LDAP search widget. The widget - LDAPsearcher - allows an LDAP query to be specified, passes the query to a cgi hosted at the University of Notre Dame, which performs the query and formats the response in a web page. I had hopes to write a version that is not dependent on ND's cgi and returns the results in the widget but haven't had the time. I have had time to write a Yahoo Widget version so that it works on both Mac OS X 10.3, 10.4, and Windows 2000, and XP. I've submitted it to Apple and also to Yahoo. You can get it at <http://isd.usc.edu/~bbellina/downloads/>

Regards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
emailman

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 - 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: LDAP widget Reply with quote

harley1387 wrote:
Can't find this anywhere? Odd that it's been overlooked...or companies simply aren't sharing Smile

See http://www.emailman.com/ldap/widget/

-Andrew Starr, President
eMailman, LLC
bbellina

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 - 9:31 pm    Post subject: LDAP widget Reply with quote

The eMailman widget looks pretty good (for green) and does most of what I was hoping to do with mine.

Regards,

Brendan Bellina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.