Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Widget problem

otsme

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 - 12:55 pm    Post subject: Widget problem Reply with quote

I just tried installing my first widget and I got the zip file and clicked on it, and it gave me a folder with 2 folders inside, which are full of other folders and files, etc. I tried installing it by creating a "Widget" folder in my library and dropping the main folder (the folder that appears after double-clicking the zip file) in but nothing shows up. Any ideas on what I can do? Also, I have Mac OSX 10.3.9. Do widgets only work for Tiger?

Thanks for reading this and hopefully I'll get some help here!!
twisted

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 - 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. widgets only work for Tiger. may I suggest you try a program such as Yahoo!'s konfabulator (or something like that). It's a sepperate aplication that runs widgets and is available for both mac and pc. This would of course be the free alternative to buying an upgrade to Mac OS X.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 - 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashboard widgets can be used with Amnesty Widget Browser under Panther.
pixelgroovy

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 - 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm both replies Smile