Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Need some help

mhellste

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 - 8:15 am    Post subject: Need some help Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've looked at widgets. In the past (Konfabulator and now Yahoo) the widget files were ".widget". The widgets on this site are ".wdgt". Do I need a different widget engine to run these?
jonbrown

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 - 8:21 am    Post subject: What you need? Reply with quote

Hi, well like the site suggests you need "Dashboard" in order to run "Dashboard Widgets" which comes with OSX Tiger when you download a widget it will auto install and open in the enviornment or you need to run "Amnesty" which runs on OSX Panther, thats it, hope this helps!

Jon
www.widgetshow.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
mhellste

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 - 9:05 am    Post subject: Need some help Reply with quote

When I downloaded a widget I only got a zip file. I extracted the contents into a folder. Nothing installed and there isn't an executable in the zip. Did I miss something?
mhellste

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 - 9:09 am    Post subject: Need some help Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, I'm running Windows XP. Isn't OSX for a mac?
pm
Administrator

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 - 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you need a Mac to run Dashboard and any widget on this site.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.