Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

System Preferences

airdevil

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 - 12:48 am    Post subject: System Preferences Reply with quote

Hi DashboardWidget Forum Members,

I've never posted here before but am a huge fan of the development you guys have all done to make such great widgets! I was wondering if it would be possible to make a widget that could launch specific system preference panes. That way frequently access preferences could be launched with just one click of the mouse. Maybe it could be customized to show only specific preferences? I don't know, I have no idea how to program these things but just think this might be a good idea for the future.

Thanks in advance!
gandreas

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 - 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use mondo dock to do that if you want:

0) Download and install mondo dock, make sure a mondo dock Widget is running in your Dashboard
1) Open /System/Library/PreferencePanes
2) Find the one(s) you want
3) Click on it/select them, hold the mouse and begin to drag, then hit F12 to invoke Dashboard
4) Drag and Drop where you it to be on mondo dock
5) Anytime you want, you can just click on that icon and System Preferences will be launched with that panel selected

(You can even make a set containing just preference panes if you wanted)
airdevil

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 - 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandreas wrote:
You can use mondo dock to do that if you want:

0) Download and install mondo dock, make sure a mondo dock Widget is running in your Dashboard
1) Open /System/Library/PreferencePanes
2) Find the one(s) you want
3) Click on it/select them, hold the mouse and begin to drag, then hit F12 to invoke Dashboard
4) Drag and Drop where you it to be on mondo dock
5) Anytime you want, you can just click on that icon and System Preferences will be launched with that panel selected

(You can even make a set containing just preference panes if you wanted)

Thank you so much! This was so helpful!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.