Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Looking for dashboard organizer widget.

boonsy

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 - 10:46 am    Post subject: Looking for dashboard organizer widget. Reply with quote

I am looking for a widget that can help with the clutter of my widgets. For example, I don't want my games in the dashboard screen area when I am at work, where I need stock quotes and sports feeds. Likewise, when I am ablout to leave work and start on a business trip, I would like to click the "travel" button on this wonderful widget and have all my work related widgets jump off the screen and be replaced by widgets I have set under the travel theme, ie, cheep gas, plane info, etc. I would like the themes to be customizeable and setable to the widgets I have currently running. It would be great if the widgets remember where they were on my screen when I switch to their theme.

I know nothing about making widgets, and don't have the time, so would the first to make one and become a millionaire off this idea please just send me a copy?

I have no need for credit or such, I just want the tool.

Let us brainstorm the features and needs for such a widget, and find a great creator for this.

thanks
galendw

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 - 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not a perfect solution, but MultiDash might work.

I don't use it regularly, so I can't describe it very well. It works a lot like the a multiple desktop system, if you know what that is, but for your Dashboard. Basically, you can have multiple Dashboards, but only see one at a time. You can also switch between them.

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 - 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for dashboard organizer widget. Reply with quote

You can do all of this (and more) using Amnesty, but 1) it's not a widget and 2) it's not free.
andrethegiant

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 - 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am the developer I am bias, but I would use MultiDash. You basically described exactly what the widget is intended to do. I know that the current version is pretty user-unfriendly and unintuitive, so for the past few months I have been developing MultiDash 3.0. It sports a new interface and is much easier to use. It's almost done and it looks great. If all goes well I'll have it done before August.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.