Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Lots of new widget sites

Dori

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 6:29 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Every time I turn around there's another widget site, so I've start keeping track of them at http://www.dori.com/dashboard/.

If you have anything you think should be added to this list of resources, please let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
A_Bloke

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 6:29 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Interesting, by the 18th of Feb they are giving away a Mac mini for widget submissions?

One of the others is going to charge 99c for a widget, also a bit of a gamble.

I personally hadn't heard of the other two. Confused
Dori

They're coming out of the woodwork. I started out the day with only three or so, and now I've got seven.

I could start my own widget site (I've gotten a lot of push from folks to do just that) or I could help the community by instead keeping track of all the sites that are out there and alive. I decided to do the latter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
esXXI

Hehe VS is my site!

But it's all good I suppose, most dedicated sites will survive the new wave and be left as the "main" sites - and the others will either dry up or just disappear.
Dori

Quoting: esXXI

Hehe VS is my site!

I'm trying to be comprehensive! If I hadn't included it, it wouldn't have been as complete as I want it to be.

Quoting: esXXI

But it's all good I suppose, most dedicated sites will survive the new wave and be left as the "main" sites - and the others will either dry up or just disappear.

None of the sites are perfect (imo), and not all of them will make it through the end of the year, but it'll be interesting watching.
esXXI

Quoting: Dori

I'm trying to be comprehensive! If I hadn't included it, it wouldn't have been as complete as I want it to be.

Ah, um, righto? I was jus' pointing it out 'cause I was surprised.

Quoting: Dori

None of the sites are perfect (imo), and not all of them will make it through the end of the year, but it'll be interesting watching.

Thanks. But yeah, just like anything - some flare up and then die off.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.