Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Embedding Cocoa Objects

iremembercliford

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 - 3:56 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Hi there,
I am one of the creators of bashGadget. Recently i started looking at making it work again, and I noticed I could easily embed cocoa objects, like an NSView. I don't know if there is a tutorial on this, but I suppose I could write one. Also, I am looking to make a fully functional terminal window in dashboard, but I don't think I want to start from scratch. Are there any open source Terminal emulators that would be nice to put in there?

Lastly, if anyone know J Greely's email address, or if you read this Mr. Greely, please email me. I lost your email address with a fresh install of tiger.

Thanks,
Michael Marmarou
marmarou_at _gmail.com

P.s. Everyone check out my application, Memento 1.4. Designed as a note-taker, it now features an advanced text-editor and stickies. Especially useful for those of you who like stickies. Let me know what you think.
Chris

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 - 3:56 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Quoting: iremembercliford

Are there any open source Terminal emulators that would be nice to put in there?

Have a look at iTerm. Download the latest nightly tarball from http://iterm.sourceforge.net/download.shtml

It's a CVS snapshot, so you'll need to change stuff to get it running, but I presume it's the full source. I may be wrong though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
iremembercliford

I did look at it, but the CVS didn't seem to be working when I tried.
iremembercliford

perhaps if i wrote a tutorial, "how to convert a cocoa app into a dashboard widget" - would people want this?
lynnhook

I can certainly say for myself, I would love to see a tutorial about converting cocoa apps to dashboard widgets. The documentation on this level of integration has been sparse. And any help would be greatly appreciated!
Widgets
Chris

Quoting: iremembercliford

I did look at it, but the CVS didn't seem to be working when I tried.

I just tried the nightly tarball and it compiled and worked fine. Obviously I had to check out the code using: cvs -d /Users/chrisobrien/Desktop/iterm checkout iTerm (in case anyone else wants to have a look-see)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Jeremy
Administrator

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 - 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

iremembercliford wrote:
if anyone know J Greely's email address, or if you read this Mr. Greely, please email me.

I can help with that, check your PMs Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
iremembercliford

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 - 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I just wanted to let him know about this Tutorial and my application, Memento. Hopefully this tutorial will be available here soon. If there are more advanced tutorials that anyone would be interested, I am open to suggestions. I'd be more than happy to teach everyone how to push the limits of what Dashboard can do.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.