Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

metronome widget

shapirog

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 - 12:33 am    Post subject: metronome widget Reply with quote

I was wondering if someone would make a metronome widget. I have been looking for one for a while and it would be great if someone made one. Cant be too hard can it?

Thanks
jlq

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 - 11:47 pm    Post subject: Metronome Reply with quote

Here's a little demo of a metronome widget.

Tell me what you think. This is my first try at a widget, and this isn't a complete polished piece of software yet.

It's just a simple digital metronome.
Actually, I have no idea what an actual digital metronome looks like, so this is my own interpretation.
I'm currently working on an analog depiction of the metronome so it's not as static like it is in this version.

I would also like feedback on granularity of the metronome's BPMs. I didn't want the option list to be too long, so I went with a setting of 4, which I found is said to be "standard." However, I ran into some comments on the web of how people thought 4 was too high. I could set it down to 2, but only depending on feedback.
Granularity is pertaining to the amount between each setting for the BPM control. eg. 60, 64, 68, 72 etc...

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at jeffrey.qua@gmail.com
Thanks!

Download link:
http://www.lostclouds.com/jqua/Metronomic.wdgt.zip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
shapirog

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 - 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would reccomend is to just have a text input box, that way you dont need a huge list and you can put in any number, including higher numbers. I like the design too. I might suggest putting in a display of the beat number instead of little squares, check out www.webmetronome.com to see what i mean.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.