Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Chi-Pet Sprinkler

slezak12

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 - 11:56 pm    Post subject: Chi-Pet Sprinkler Reply with quote

Hey everyone i always thought this was a cool idea but couldn't make it myself so this is my idea. I know many of you love your Chi-Pet widget but when your unable to access your mac for a few days, uh oh. You come back to your flipped over chi-pet and are sad (well at least i am, joking...kinda) Well what i always thought would be cool is a sprinkler system that automatically waters your chi-pet while away! it is a simple little sprinkler that you set a time and when that time comes it automatically waters your chi-pet! You have to place it a certain distance away so it just hits your chi-pet, if not it wont get water!

Although this is pretty much impossible because you would have to somehow program it to click the water droplet button, but hey, even if it didn't work it would still be cool to have.
EricWood

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 - 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to look at the source code of the Chi-pet widget, but it might be possible. For example, if it stores the water level as a preference, you could change it (maybe? I don't know what the permissions are like).
As for the location of the sprinkler, it'd be impossible unless you knew the location of the other widget.
Cool idea, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
novis

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 - 1:06 am    Post subject: Sprinkler Reply with quote

Hey guys,

In case you didn't know already I do the code half for the Chi. That is a cool idea, but we are already doing a feature to solve that problem. If you are going to be away from your computer for more than a few days, you simply flip over to the back and put your Chi in hibernation mode. Now when you come back you wake it up and start where you last left off. You can test this out in the beta.

Thanks
GS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
slezak12

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 - 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, i knew a new one was comming out but i didn't know the beta was available!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.