Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

New to Widgets. Can I use Dreamweaver?

Jay

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 - 12:42 pm    Post subject: New to Widgets. Can I use Dreamweaver? Reply with quote

Is there a way to use Dreamweaver to create the HTML file? I want to create a widget that would display images on my site in a slideshow. I would like to set up a slideshow in Dreamweaver or some other app. I suck at Java and writting code. Any tuts out there show how this could be done. I've downloaded Dashcode to tryout. Its cool but I'd like to create this widget from scratch with a program I'm comfortable with.
EricWood

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 - 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! I've never used dreamweaver, but I'm very sure it's not going to work for this. I'd recommend using a template in dashcode along with some javascript. No java required!
Check out some html, css, and javascript tutorials.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Jay

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 - 9:06 am    Post subject: Thanks for the reply Reply with quote

I downloaded widgetarium and did the tutorial. It really helped me out with understanding how Javascripts work and how to use them in a widget. I've never sat down to write java and that tut helped out alot.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.