Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Implement Search Field in Simple RSS Widget.

davidjearly

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 - 2:02 pm    Post subject: Implement Search Field in Simple RSS Widget. Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just joined the forum upon discovery of it's existence. So, hello everyone!

I have been creating widgets for a while and will create my profile when I get home.

At the moment, I could use some help with the following:

I have a very simple RSS widget created in DashCode. It only takes one feed and I would like to implement a search filed on the face of the widget for V1.1, the next update.

Can someone give me some clues with how to acheive this?

Thanks, David
davidjearly

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 - 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?

Just a search field as part of a simple RSS widget within DashCode?
gmdavis62

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 - 9:57 pm    Post subject: Search field for Feed Reply with quote

I'm doing the same.

I modified the current widget by adding a search field in the html file.

Code:
    <input type="search" value="" placeholder="search for anything" results="10" class="apple-textfield apple-no-children" apple-part="com.apple.Dashcode.part.searchfield" id="searchfield" apple-group="searchfield" onsearch="searchFor(this.value)">

The searchFor() function (you should be able to write this) adds a query to the original xml URL. However, i'm not sure what to do next. I tried to invoke refreshFeed() and other likely functions but nothing changes in the xml content. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. if you come up with a solution please share it here.

I'm sure you too are only steps away from the killer app.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.