Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Widget Plug-in linked framework problem

kkillian

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 - 8:43 am    Post subject: Widget Plug-in linked framework problem Reply with quote

hi,i have a problem with widget plug-in.

I have made a plug-in for my widget and all goes ok, but when i inserted an external framework the widget give this error: (the framework is: DFToolkit.framework)

Code:
[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Users/kkillian/Library/Widgets/Birthdays.wdgt/BirthdaysPlugIn.widgetplugin/Contents/MacOS/BirthdaysPlugIn for bundle /Users/kkillian/Library/Widgets/Birthdays.wdgt/BirthdaysPlugIn.widgetplugin, error code 4 (link edit error code 4, error number 0 (Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/DFToolkit.framework/Versions/A/DFToolkit
  Referenced from: /Users/kkillian/Library/Widgets/Birthdays.wdgt/BirthdaysPlugIn.widgetplugin/Contents/MacOS/BirthdaysPlugIn
  Reason: image not found))

i have linked correctly the external framework like in a standard cocoa .app, but probably there is some step that i don't know.

hope someone can help.
tnx very, cya all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
gandreas

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 - 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that that the @executable_path is the path of the executable, which is the dashboard client app, not the plugin.

You'll need to use @loader_path instead.
kkillian

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 - 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where i can change this variable?

@loader_path can be the solution, but don't know how change it in build phase.

tnx for the help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.