Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

George Bush Approval (dissaproval) - Have code, need art

hode

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 - 10:39 pm    Post subject: George Bush Approval (dissaproval) - Have code, need art Reply with quote

Hi. I'm the creator of the (oh so controversial) Iraq War Fatalities widget.

I'm working on a widget to monitor George Bush's decreasing job approval rating. The code to power the widget is done. However, it needs a good layout from someone with an eye for design.

Is there a designer out there who'd like to be part of this project and put together an interface?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
JayHD

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 - 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'll try to make a mockup later if you still need help.

Check my widgets for examples.

Very Happy
hode

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 - 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
JayHD

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 - 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I've got some ideas, but could you tell me what kind of data is being retrieved? daily weekly? Also is the data retrieved just a number or percentage?

If you can, send me whatever you have for the code so I can figure out what can be done as far as display with the data.
hode

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 - 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jay. Thanks for replying.

I'm scraping from the web the poll results that come out periodically. Usually they appear once a week. The data I get is percent approve, percent undecided, and percent disapprove.

Percent approve is really the key figure. However, do you think we should give people the option to see the other values, or show all three? I don't know the best way to display it but I've found simpler is better. You're the design expert, so I will leave it up to you. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.