Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Questions on how to design a widget

celebi23

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 - 2:52 pm    Post subject: Questions on how to design a widget Reply with quote

What things do I need (besides Tiger) to develope a widget? Do I need XCode?
Jeremy
Administrator

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 - 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a quick search, you should find this answered a number of times, better than I can say it. However for your average widget, you simply need a graphics program (such as photoshop) and a HTML editor (any text editor if you know HTML).

Essentially, apart from the really clever widgets that use cocoa objects in them, you are simply building a small webpage, that is displayed as a widget.

Download a few widgets, and open up their contents to see how they were made. It's probably the best way to get your head around it. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.