Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Grab All System Fonts?

ThomPatterson

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 - 6:41 pm    Post subject: Grab All System Fonts? Reply with quote

Is there a way to grab all the fonts on the system? One of the requested features for my next version of iCalendar Subscribe is the ability to change fonts. Rather than manually specifying a few common fonts in a drop-down listbox, I thought it would be fun to allow the user to pick from any font they have installed. Obviously this isn't possible from JavaScript, so I will have to do a command line thing with widget.system. I'm thinking there's gotta be a way to do this with apple script?

I appreciate all help!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
ThomPatterson

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 - 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this might be ridiculously easier than I first thought...

ls ~/Library/Fonts/

The only thing is I will have to detect which fonts have the .ttf extension and remove it from my drop-down list
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.