Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Problem updating div elements

benben

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 - 2:53 pm    Post subject: Problem updating div elements Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm building a widget which reads several rss feeds, picks out the relevant information, and displays in a scroll area. On the back of the widget the user gets to choose what information to pick out and after pressing the done button the widget retrieves the feeds, processes them, and then flips the display to show the results.

All of this works perfectly, except...

The retrieving and processing of the feeds can take a little while and so I wish to display how far through processing the widget has got. I've tried to populate a div element while the retrieval is going on but the updated text doesn't appear on the screen until the entire retrieval is finished.

I guess my basic problem is that the following code doesn't work and I can't see why:-

function update()
{
for(var index=0;index<feeds.size;index++){
displayFeedNameInDiv();
retrieveFeedData();
processFeedData();
}
}

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Ben
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.