Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Really really simple question

Thirteen

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 - 12:10 pm    Post subject: Really really simple question Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I tried searching all over for the answer to my question but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I used DashCode to create a basic note taking widget. On the front I have a few text boxes, the user fills them in with notes and that's about it. One thing however is whenever I log out or restart all of the text is lost. How do I go about making the widget save what the user inputs.

I checked the dev FAQ but that didn't really help.

Thanks,

JayHD

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 - 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This page has all the information you need. Under the first Providing Preferences section.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/AppleApplications/Conceptual/Dashboard_ProgTopics/Articles/Preferences.html

Essentially you want to use setPreferenceForKey to save the text and then load it with preferenceForKey
Thirteen

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 - 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I am using DashCode to code my widgets and I'm not really sure where to do that. I know nothing about coding.

Thanks,

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.