Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Have read for three days and am stumped.

JimNayzium

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 - 5:39 pm    Post subject: Have read for three days and am stumped. Reply with quote

I am admittedly new to the widget world, but I am an Actionscript 2.0 expert...or at least I know tons of actionscript and OOP etc....

Anyway, I have done countless tutorials etc...and got everything working with the input tags as buttons...

input type="button"

but then when I went to skin the whole deal up, all methods that I have read about are not working...and if they do work, they are isolated as the reason that safari crashes or Widgetarium crashes....

Here is an example of what I have tried
Code:

<input name="form_random_button" type="button" value="Play Preset Clip" onclick="generateRandomNumberAndPlayClip(document.movie1,enterLengthOfClip,'form_random_button', 16)" />

WHICH works perfectly as expected...

So I create teh generic button via the setup function....
and am left with

Code:
<div class="widgetButton" id="form_random_button" onclick="generateRandomNumberAndPlayClip(document.movie1,enterLengthOfClip,'form_random_button', 16)" style='position: absolute;bottom: 324px; left: 30px;'></div>

I have deleted the other button named the same thing when I test this out...

What happens in widgetarium is the button appears just fine...but when clicked it executes the first two seconds of the script and then halts to lock up safari...as if there were an endless loop or broken tag or soemthing....

So I delete that one line...replace my input type = button

and refresh the build and it works fine...

IN safari, I cannot even make the button show up even though I have opend the same html file in safari and widgetarium from the same locations???

Can someone just give the run-down on the simplest way to add buttons -- generic buttons that execute javascript?

Am I adding the button properly, and somehwere else is causeing the crash? even though it would seem like its the button??? That is my hunch.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.