Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Modem/ISDN-Users in here? Need info for TrafficStats-Update

Greenie

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 - 7:35 am    Post subject: Modem/ISDN-Users in here? Need info for TrafficStats-Update Reply with quote

Hi all,

I only have DSL installed (and no telephone-line near my Mac) but I wanted to see if I can include ppp-support into my TrafficStats-Widget. So I need some info from Modem-/ISDN-users. The following command (used in terminal) should give some statistics about possible connection-types like ethernet (identified as en0 here) and most probably about the ppp-connection also:

/sbin/ifconfig

What I need to know is if the following command shows input and output-bytes (identified as "Ibytes" and "obytes" for the ppp-connection (the example shows what to type for Ethernet/en0. You just have to replace "en0" with whatever ifconfig shows for the ppp-connection):

/usr/sbin/netstat -b -I en0

I already have two suggestions (taken from earlier Emails I received):

- possibility to change period from month to day so one could measure the traffic for one day
- saving of some earlier periods in a list (including traffic and start-/enddate of period).

Thanks for your help and if anyone has additional suggestions for a new TrafficStats-Version, just send me an email.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.