Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Bass Visualize Widget

Poll Results: do you think this is a good idea?
no, it wont work at all!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
it might work, but the idea has to be revised...
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
this may work...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
this will work for sure! Awesome Idea!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

MRPW

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 - 3:03 pm    Post subject: Bass Visualize Widget Reply with quote

Okay I have no idea id this is possible but it would be freakin sweet.

Maybe this idea could be included in other ideas ive had for widgets. First would be to create a widget that reacts to the sounds.. say .. in itunes... and visualizes them maybe in a way itunes does with the little bars in the top middle. To take a step further you should be able to choose from a variety of different skins for the visualizer.. change the colors etc. and this is my new idea... If it is somehow possible to visualize the bass frequences in songs and make it appear on the dashboard just like bass does in the mirror of a car. When the bass is really loud it distorts the mirrors in the car. Is there anyway to achieve the same effect on the dashboard... I know that when you add a new widget.. it creates a rippling effect.. could this effect somehow be used to create the bass distortion effect? I think this would be a pretty wild idea... but i have no clue how to go about creating the widget... im pretty good with photoshop.. and have been using the program for quite sometime, maybe i could help design the interface... anyways.. just an idea... email me or somethin if you are seriously interested in creatin this thing

pw
MRPW

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 - 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, here is a revision to my idea already...
instead of blurring out the dashboard widgets... maybe the distortion can only occur on the desktop... and not on the dashboard.. leaving your other widgets legible and the background.. which is out of focus anyways dancin to the beat...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.