Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Flash and widgets: how to Drag??

titidelagato

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 - 10:48 am    Post subject: Flash and widgets: how to Drag?? Reply with quote

I have a widget that has flash in it. It has a few objects that use StartDrag. It tests fine on Safari. Problem is, when I test it on the dashboard, trying to drag the individual objects results in the entire widget getting dragged. Thanks in advance for any leads...
Greenie

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 - 3:32 pm    Post subject: Common problem... Reply with quote

Hi,

the same problem came up just a few days ago regarding the quicktime-plugin. At least I guess it's the same problem.

You will have to declare a control-region for your flash-div. This tells dashboard not to drag the widget around when the mousebutton is clicked over this area). Here's how to do it (quite simple):

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/AppleApplications/Conceptual/Dashboard_ProgTopics/Articles/ControlRegions.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.