Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

changing the rss feed display order

arcureo

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 - 6:28 am    Post subject: changing the rss feed display order Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new here and I'm writing because I was thinking about creating a widget for one of my bands (or maybe for my freelance work as a bassist).
I looked at some examples on Andrew Hedges' site (
http://andrew.hedges.name/widgets/dev/ ) and also tried to fiddle around with Widgetarium (not knowing any better) trying to create new widgets or editing existing ones, to see how they work (I am REALLY a beginner, on this).
I saw many interesting functions but not the one I was
looking for... I was simply trying to transfer on a widget my concerts' calendar. I already have it on Google calendar (which, as you can see, is embedded on my concerts page, here:
http://www.alessandroarcuri.net/english/music%20now.htm )
Is there a way to make it work on a widget, too?
Since Google calendar provides an rss feed, too, I tried to use it, but the problem is (at least from what my limited knowledge is) that the rss feed show the events in chronological insertion order. While I need it in absolute chronological order.
I may be a little fuzzy here, so I'll give you a practical example...

Imagine I have a concert on the 15th of september... that I got arranged and confirmed with the club already a month ago (so on the seventh of July, that is)
Say that, for example, today I get a call from another club that asks me to play there on the 20th of september... I quickly go to Google calendar and update it.
The problem is that the news of my sept.20th gig is more recent, so it will be displayed on the feed BEFORE the other one (sept.15th)

I'd need the gigs to be displayed in chronological order of their actual happening, not of their "announcement".
Maybe there IS a way, or a setting to tweak, though... it's just that I don't know it

I hope I made myself clear...

If there's a way to overcome this problem I just explained, please let me know...
Thanks a lot!!!

Alex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets