Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

A Riddle Widget

Lakshmi

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 - 9:08 am    Post subject: A Riddle Widget Reply with quote

So I was looking through the downloadable widgets for one that had riddles. I was somewhat surprised to find that there aren't any!

I know nothing about code so I thought I'd throw the idea out here for anyone who would be interested in the idea. I'd love you for it!

Could be something like riddle of the day. Personally, I prefer "what am I" riddles. Such as, What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

Thanks!
Greenie

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 - 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

sounds interesting. Shouldn't be too complicated to implement. The main problem might be to collect the riddles. They'd either have to be collected from a site (most convenient, probably) or they'd have to be collected by the developer and delivered with the widget itself (not too practical, imho).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
Lakshmi

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 - 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, getting the riddles from a site would be the best route. There are a number of them out there so finding one shouldn't be a problem. Maybe an rss feed could be developed for the widget to use.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.