Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Flash Slideshow won't work in my widget

Jay

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 - 11:31 pm    Post subject: Flash Slideshow won't work in my widget Reply with quote

I've created a Flash slide show with SlideShowPro. I used it as a starting point and modified the heck out of it, but it won't display in my widget. I then made a generic slide show from SSP but that won't display either.

I've allowed internet Plugins and network access. but that doesn't work.

Below is the DIV that houses the movie.

<div id='slideshow'><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="477" height="263" id="slideShow" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="slideShow.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#d0d0d0" /><embed src="slideShow.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#d0d0d0" width="477" height="263" name="slideShow" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object></div>

Its driving me crazy! I have this test one set up the way I want it but its not working in the widget, works fine in a browser. I really don't want to recreate it with javascripts.

Can anyone help?
Jay

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 - 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sorta working now. I had to take it out of the DIV and instead of having an image source for the back, I applied it with css to the body. The Flash movie plays but mouseovers and clickable areas aren't working. I have a rollover that only works if I click the very top of Flash movie, very weird. I'm going to see if I set up a control region will help. If that doesn't work maybe create some buttons in the HTML of the widget and use java to control the movie.

Has anyone ever come across a problem like this?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.