Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Best way to detect Leopard or WebKit version?

robotspacer

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 - 3:57 am    Post subject: Best way to detect Leopard or WebKit version? Reply with quote

Leopard is great, but, my widgets have some issues. I don't want to break things in Tiger so I'm going to need some form of version detection. Detecting the version of WebKit makes the most sense.

I assume I can do the usual user agent sniffing but I wonder if there's a more ideal or proper way to do it... like widget.webKitVersion or something. I've tried digging around developer.apple.com but I can't find anything on the subject. It seems like practically all my third-party widgets are busted in some way (usually very minor)... You'd think this would be an obvious topic to cover.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
cruz

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 - 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help you out.

http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/DetectingWebKit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
robotspacer

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 - 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least semi-official browser sniffing is better than putting together my own hack job! It worked perfectly, thank you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.